(By: DinggolAranetaDivinagracia - March 18, 2018)
Today, a son of Oscar and Nancy Galilea-Hontoria, a farmer from Barangay Balabag, Pavia in Metro Iloilo will graduate at the top of his 282-strong PMA Alab-Tala (Alagad ng Lahing Binigkis ng Tapang at Lakas) Class 2018 at Fort del Pilar in Baguio City. .
The 25-year-old Cadet First Class Jaywardene Galilea Hontoria is this year’s valedictorian of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA).
Hontoria was his class valedictorian at Balabag Elementary School in 2005 and Colegio de San Jose where he graduated from High School in 2009. In 2013, he graduated from West Visayas State University in Lapaz, Iloilo City with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. After graduation, he succssfully passed the nursing licensure examination.
Hontoria served the Philippine Coast Guard briefly before entering the country's premier military school in 2014.
This day, Hontoria will receive the Presidential Saber and Chief of Staff Saber as valedictorian.
After graduation from PMA, Hontoria would be joining either the Philippine Navy or Philippine Marines.
The other top PMA graduates in Hontoria’s class are the following:
* Ricardo Liwaden from Gawana, Barlig, Mt. Province (salutatorian)
* Jun-Jay Malazzab Castro from Amulung, Cagayan
* Leonore Andrea Carino Japitan from Butuan City
* Mark Jantzen Dacillo from Zamboanga City
* Jezaira Buenaventura from Negros Oriental
* Jessie Antonio Laramang from Tarlac
* Paolo Balla Briones from Camp Allen, Baguio City
* Jayson Raymundo Cimatu from Casiguran, Aurora
* Micah Quiambai Reynaldo from Bamban, Tarlac.